Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design

Hows its going my fellow readers, and how are you guys or girls doing today. Do you remember my some what old blog post about code.org if not there is a link right there.Well there is one more site that is helping me make this game is scratch.This is the main site because I edited everything in this website, and there was help videos that thought me what to do and if you didn't understand there was examples on the side. But if you are new to the site like how I was you don't have to worry there is other people on the site and like I said there is videos to help you.But like I said i'm new at first so I didn't finish so the game above is bad.

So as you already know i made to game down there and know i'm going to compare the games. Well in my opinion my first one the one with the bug has more features and more color that the other one. But the other one has more complexity to it, it has levels and platforms that you can jump on and if you miss you start going down thats called a Gravity Engine. But the first one has a timer and a score. But the second one has a cont down timer so its more complex,

Now i'm going to talk about what code I was most proud code was and most difficult bug to fix. Well the most code i'm proud of  the one Next to here the SS(Screen Shot) that is my movement code. That is what makes the sprite move. As you can see if you played my first game it wasn't smooth but this one is, thats because I used a different code. The bug that was the hardest to fix was sometimes you would fall out the map so I had to make the background to have green so you could get back on the platform.
                                          First One                                                                                 Second One

                                             Third One

7 comments:

  1. I like how you made your own ladybug sprite!
    Well, it's not done, so it's hard to critique... I guess I'd say to get a timer, but I'm sure you already know that.
    I like you used text to state the object of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you created your own character, keep it up!
    The gameplay is a bit buggy though, maybe make the cat move a bit smoother.
    I also like how you add the speech bubble in so people know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you cutomized your own sprite, it makes the game really original. Although, you might want to add a timer. What I also like is that you have a speech bubble explaining the game objective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of this cat and ladybug chase switcheroo unless It's not a ladybug.Your chaser was really bugging try adding if touching sprite 1 then wait 0.3 seconds block Overall I thought your game was very original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way your game was original.I think that there was only one level so I suggest that you make one more and you should put some word blocks in because I didnt know that you had to use the space bar to jump.I like the way your background changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way your game was original.I think that there was only one level so I suggest that you make one more and you should put some word blocks in because I didnt know that you had to use the space bar to jump.I like the way your background changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your platform game! I like how at the end theres a clear ending to let the player the game is done and the background switches
    Maybe one thing that could be improved is have the platforms spread out a little more
    I also really like you added speech bubbles explaining, overall great job

    ReplyDelete